I want to start eating healthier! An eating style that I can stay on the majority of the time for the rest of my life. My mother passed away in her sleep at 90 1/2 years old. Yes, that was a nice long life. But she had all kinds of health problems and was in a lot of pain for the last ten or twelve years of her life. I’m wondering if those ailments could have been prevented with healthy life-style eating changes. I have never eaten coleslaw without using mayonnaise, which isn’t compliant on the Whole30. But I’m going to try this tonight as a side with my pulled pork recipe sweet potatoes mashed up and drizzled with coconut oil.
- 2 packages broccoli coleslaw 12 ounces each
- 1/2 cup diced sweet vidalia onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Place the broccoli coleslaw in a large bowl. Add the onions and mix. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or shaker cup, combine the olive oil, vinegar and spices. Stir or shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the colelsaw and stir to coat.
- Just before serving, mix in the sliced almonds.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate leftovers.