- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 2 – 2 ½ tbsp agave nectar or pure maple syrup (adjust based on tartness of orange juice
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ – 1 tsp fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 1 very small clove garlic optional
- ½ sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Using a standing blender or an immersion blender and deep cup or jar, puree all the ingredients (starting with 2 tablespoons of the agave nectar/maple syrup, until fully smooth and creamy. Add additional sweetener to taste, if desired. Makes a little over 1/2 cup.
- Kid-Friendly: When I omit the garlic and use the lesser amount of ginger, my kids really like this dressing.
- Healthy Salad Dressings Suggestions: Try this on finely julienned greens. It is especially great with kale, as it helps mellow the flavor of the leaves. Chop your kale, then toss the dressing onto the leaves. Let sit for 10 or more minutes to allow the dressing to soften the greens. Add other salad fixings you might like, such as cherry tomatoes, grated carrot, chopped apple, or dried cranberries.