This is more of a dip than a dressing, but can be thinned out slightly for a dressing, or used thicker for a dip or sauce. The Moroccan seasonings give a sprightly, spicy twist.
- 1 cup raw carrot cut in discs or small chunks (roughly 4 – 4 1/2 oz.)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2-2 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic or ½ medium clove
- ½ – 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon little scant
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground fennel
- ¼ tsp rounded sea salt (plus more to taste if needed)
- Freshly ground black pepper use conservatively
- ½ cup water or more to thin as needed, see note
Using a standing blender (high-powered blender like a Blendtec works best to smooth), puree all the ingredients (starting with 2 teaspoons of the vinegar) until very smooth. Taste and add extra vinegar if you wish, and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. For a thinner dip, add more water (plus another 2 to 3 tablespoons more, if desired, to thin out a little more for use as a salad dressing). Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
Healthy Salad Dressing and Sauce Suggestions: Surprise your guests with this uniquely flavored and colored dip—try serving as a centerpiece dip for crudités or with raw dipping breads. Also try tossing it into a salad, for a more substantial lunch salad.